Friday, October 25, 2013

Fly Fishing on Suwanee Creek

Evenin' folks,
 I did a little fishing in Suwanee Creek on Sunday morning. It was a gorgeous morning to be in the stream. It's really starting to feel like autumn here in north Georgia, my favorite time of the year. I didn't catch anything this time out, probably a result of higher than usual water due to recent rain, but it certainly does my disposition some good just getting into the woods. It is fascinating the amount of wildlife to be seen when you consider that this stretch of Suwanee Creek runs between a subdivision and an industrial park.
  I decided to try my hand at filming myself fishing, the quality is not the best from the iPhone, but I thought it turned out reasonably well. I'd like to share the result of the experiment with you here. I'll try to get some better footage next time.
  Until then, Tight Lines and Happy Fishing!
          Nick




1 comment:

  1. my property backs up to Suwanee Creek. Next door neighbor has caught several fish out of that creek.
    Depths range from a few inches to well over 6 feet - even when it hasn't rained for several days. Once you have a large storm, water depth rises several feet.
    ---and yes, wildlife. Deer, racoons, coyote, beaver, otter, opossum, squirrel, birds, etc.

    ReplyDelete